Micro-business, Socio-Economic Development, Micro-Business profile, social responsibilities
This study aimed to determine the role of micro-businesses in the socio-economic development in the Province of Ilocos Norte. It indicates the possible effects of the micro-business profile such as organizational characteristics and management practices, and micro-entrepreneurial profile such as personal characteristics, competencies and social responsibilities on the output indicators. In the same manner, there is a possibility that the output indicator: products and services, qualitative assessment of products and services, and quantitative assessment of products and services, have an impact in the socio-economic development in the province of Ilocos Norte
Full Text : PDF
- Ames, Micheal D. and Norva L. Wellsfry. 1983. Small Business Management. New York: West Publishing Company.
- DRUCKER, P. 1985. Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Practice and Principles. Heinemann, London.
- Fajardo, F.R. 1994. Entrepreneurship. National Bookstore.
- Kaldor, N. 1983. A New Economic Era. New York: Elsevier.
- Keynes, KM. 1936. The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money. London:Mc Millan.
- Kotler, P. and G. Armstrong. 2000. Principles of Marketing. 5th Edition Pearson Education Asia Pte. Ltd.
- Lawler, E. E., Mohrman, S. A. and Ledford, G. E. Jr. 1995. Creating High Performance Organizations. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Lichauco, A. 1988. Nationalist Economics. SPES. Institute Inc. Quezon City.
- Mclelland, D.C. and D.G. Winter. 1971. Motivating Economic Achievement. New York:The Free Press.
- Lovery, James R. et. al. 1990. Business in Today’s World. Ohio: South-Western Publishing Company,
- Mejorada, Nenito D. 1993. Business Finance. JMC Press, Inc. Quezon City.
- Miranda, Gregorio S. 1987. Credits and Collections. Manila National Bookstore, Inc.
Theses, Dissertations and Research Reports
- Ancheta, Betsy Luisa P. “Effectiveness of Management Practices of Agribusiness Entities in Ilocos Sur and La Union”. Doctoral Dissertation. University of Northern Philippines, Vigan City, Ilocos Sur.2004
- Arguelles, Roberto M. “Strategic Orientation of Small Business Entrepreneurs in Baguio City”. Doctoral Dissertation. University of Cordilleras, Baguio City.2004
- Baron, J. N., & Hannan, M. T. “Organizational blueprints for success in high-tech start-ups: Lessons from the Stanford project on emerging companies”. California Management Review, 44(3): 8–36. 2002
- Carinan, Nilda. “ Assessment of PECS on the Small Manufacturing and Process Entrepreneurs Along Cagayan-Iligan Corridor (CIC).” Masteral Thesis. 2001.
- Dublin, Emma Dimalaluan.” Social Responsibility of the registered non-stock corporations in Davao City”. Masteral Thesis. 2001.
- Gustafon, Magnus, et. al. “ The role of Networks for Micro Firms”. Bachelors Thesis. Jonkoping International Business School. 2005
- Honorio, Ma. Angela E. “Profile and Business Practices of Entrepreneurs in the Small Scale Food Busiensses in Manila”.Masteral Thesis. University of the Philippines. March 1996.
- Lasmarias, Jimmy C. “Personal Entrepreneurial Competencies among business people in the computer and hotel and restaurant industries in Iligan City”. Masteral Thesis. Mindanao State University Iligan Institute of Technology. 2001.
- Lazo, Sylvia V. “An Assessment of the Policies and practices on Human resource management in selected security agencies in Quezon city”. Masteral Thesis. CEU Graduate School. 2000
- Macaayong, Habib W. “Small and Medium Enterprises Development: A study on program administration and effectiveness in the province of Lanao Del Sur”. Doctoral Dissertation. College of Public Administration, University of the Philippines Diliman. May 1992.
- Moreno, Rodolfo C. “Status and Impact of Micro-Enterprises in the Different Growth Centers of Ilcoos Sur”. Doctoral Dissertation. Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University, San Fernando City, LA Union. 2001.
- Piscasio, Alfonso B. “Management Problems of Micro-Business Producers in Bulacan”. Doctoral Dissertation. Institute of Graduate Studies Polytechnic University of the Philippines. September, 1991
- Seguira, Fabian P. “Status of Small-Scale Enterprises in Tarlac City Based on Success Indicators”. Masteral Thesis. Tarlac State University. 2002.
- Tagay, Angelina A. “A research-based Small and Medium Enterprise(SME) Development Model”. Doctoral Dissertation. Divine Word College of Laoag, LAoag City. 2003.
- Torrente, Jose Ramon Luis P. “The development and operations of a banking institution and its social and economic contributions”. Doctoral Dissertation. Manuel L Quezon University School of Graduate Studies Manila. 1991.
- Torres, Rudelyn B. “Contribution of Selected Family Enterprises to the Development of Tagum City”. University of Southeastern Philippine- Obrero Davao City. April 2006.
- Torres, Nancy A. “The Status and Prospects of the Major Business Establishments in La Union”. Doctoral Dissertation. University of Northern Philippines, Vigan City, Ilocos Sur.2005.
- Wen, Yun Yan. “An assessment of Chinese Entrepreneurial Competencies and Its contribution to the Economic Development of Pampanga”. Masteral Thesis. Angeles University Foundation, Angeles City. April 2001.
- Yecla, Louella P. “Social Responsibility profile of some companies along Cagayan-Iligan Corridor”. Mindanao State University Iligan Institute of Technology. February 2003.
- Ahmad S., and Schroeder R.G., The impact of human resource management practices on operational performance: recognizing country and industry differences, Journal of Operations Management, 21: 19-43. 2003
- Banker, R.D., Lee, S.Y., Potter, G., Srinivasan, D., An empirical analysis of continuing improvements following the implementation of a performance based compensation plan, Journalof Accounting and Economics, 30 (1): 315–350. 2001
- Capaldo, Guido,Iandoli , Ponsiglione Cristina. Entrepreneurial competencies and training needs of small firms:A methodological approach 14th Annual IntEnt Conference University of Napoli Federico II (Italy), 4-7 July 2004
- Cho, S., Woods, R. H., Jang, S., Erdem, M., Measuring the impact of human resource management practices on hospitality firms’ Performances, International Journal of HospitalityManagement. 2005
- Collins C. J., and Clark K. D., Strategic human resource practices, top management commitment, team social networks and firm performance: the role of human resource practices in creating organizational competitive advantage, Academy of Management Journal, 46(6): 740-751. 2003
- Delery, J. E, Doty, D. H. Modes of theorizing in strategic human resource management: tests of universalistic, contingency and configurational performance predictions, Academy of Management Journal, 39(4): 802-835. 1996
- Paul, A. K., Anantharaman, R. N., Impact of people management practices on organizational performance: analysis of a causal model, International Journal of Human Resource Management, 14 (7): 1246-1266. 2003
- Rodriguez, J. M., and Ventura J. Human resource management systems and organizational performance: an analysis of the Spanish manufacturing industry, International Journal of Human Resource Management, 14 (7): 1206-1226. 2003
- Vlachos, Ilias P. The effects of human resource practices on firm growth, Int. Journal of Business Science and Applied Management, Volume 4, Issue 2, 2009.