Consumer behaviour, consumer purchase preference, spending pattern, store layout
In this research paper researchers basically focused on behaviour of consumer mainly on purchasing pattern in various store formats and store preference on the basis of product availability, spending pattern, consumers preferred store, sales man services, and store layout. Researchers observed that the customers prefer retail outlets because of price discount, followed by variety of products in the store and convenience to the customer.. Researchers have also observed that departmental stores are most popular amongst consumers. Customers purchase behavior varies with price and availability of products and customers spending pattern shrinks due to poor quality of products.
Full Text : PDF
- Browns (1987) Institutional change in retailing: A review & synthesis, Europeans of Marketing. 21(6) 5-36.
- Lennart Schirmer (2007) The changing communication of the retail industries: A critical analysis of status quo and the development of new ways of addressing consumers pg no. 6-9
- Gist R R (1968) Retailing Concepts & decision, 196, Newyork Wiley & sons pg. no. 4-8.
- Gilbert D C (1990) The development of marketing – A compendium of historical approaches, Quarterly Review of Marketing 15-2, G13.
- Keith R. J (1996) The marketing revolution. Marketing Classics 8th ed. Allyn & Bacon (London).
- A C Nelson (2006) The Retailing Handbook. Oxford NTC Publications, London.
- Time (2006) Retail revolution in USA. Some visible lessons. Pg. no. 17-21.
- McNair M.P. (1958) Significant trends and developments in the post war period, Pittusburg P. A. Uni. Of Pittusberg Pg. no. 76
- Keith R. R., The Marketing Revolution.
- Levy B. D. Weitz .A. P, The Retail management Strategies, McGraw Hill,New York.
- Dawson John (2000), Retailing at century end: some challenges for management and research, Int. Rev. of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research 10:2 pg. 119–148
- Kristy E. Reynolds, Sharon E. Beatty (1999), Customer Benefits and Company Consequences of Customer-Salesperson Relationships in Retailing, Journal of Retailing, Volume 75(l), pp. 1132
- Sangman Han, Sunil Gupta, Donald R. Lehmann (2001), Consumer price sensitivity and price thresholds, Journal of Retailing 77 (2001) 435–456
- Belch, GE & Belch MA 2007, Advertising and Promotion: An Integrated Marketing Communication Perspective, 7th edn, McGraw Hill/Irwin, New York.
- Louis W Stern ,Adel. El-Ansary , Annet T.Coughalan ,Marketing Channels (5th edition) Prentice Hall of India , New Delhi , 1998
- Philip, Kotler, Marketing Management , Pearson Education (Singapore) Pte.Ltd, New Delhi , 2003.
- Satish Batra , S,H,H,Kazmi , Consumer behavior , Excel Books , New Delhi 2004
- Nikhilesh Dholkia , Rakesh Khurana , Labdhi Bhandari , Abhinandan K Jian , Marketing Management cases and concepts , Mcmilan I. Ltd., New Delhi , 2003
- K.K.Srivastav,Sujata Khandai , Consumer behavior , Galgotia publishing company , New Delhi , 2003
- Jackson, Edgar L. (1991): Shopping and leisure: Implications of West Edmonton Mall for leisure and for leisure research. The Canadian Geographer 35, 280-287.
- Newby, Peter (1993): Shopping as leisure. In: Bromley, Rosemary D. & Thomas, Colin J., (eds): Retail Change - Contemporary Issues. 208-228. UCL Press
- Fernie, John (1997): Retail change and retail logistics in the united kingdom: Past trends and future prospects. The Service Industries Journal 17, 383-396.
- Robert V. Kozinets,John F. SherryY, Jr., Benet Deberry-Spence,
- Adam Dhachek,Krittinee Nuttavuthisit,Diana Sstorm, Themed Flagship Brand Stores in the New Millennium: Theory, Practice, Prospects, Journal of Retailing Special Issue,2002
- Rebates, Matches, and Consumer Behavior Douglas D. Davis+ and Edward L. Millner http://www.people.vcu/~ddavis
- Carrie Heilman ,Kyryl Lakishyk ,Sonja Radas ,Kent Nakamoto The Effect of In-Store Free Samples on Short- and Long-Term Purchasing Behavior , 2004