ecopreneurship, green innovation, success of new products, Balinese Spa product manufacturers.
Current business activity demonstrates the ability to support the economic development of the community. At the same time, it is also considered worrying, due to its perceived role as a cause of environmental damage. This situation requires much attention, namely through environmentally friendly business conduct. Environmentally friendly principles should emerge from within the individual entrepreneurs. The conduct of entrepreneurs that concerns environment in running business is called ecopreneurship. Nevertheless, the implementation needs to be supported by creative green innovations to achieve the success of the products launched. The purpose of this study was to describe the influence of ecopreneurship against green innovation that can affect the creative industry, including manufacturers of Balinese Spa products, to explain the influence of ecopreneurship against the success of new spa supplies describe the influence of green innovations against the success of new products, explain the role of green innovation to bridge the relation between ecopreneurship and the success of the new spa supplies.
Research was conducted on the entire Balinese Spa product manufacturers in Bali that have been already incorporated in the Association of Balinese Spa Product Manufacturers (Aprosspa). This research engaged 40 respondents as the unit of analysis. The analytical technique used was Partial Least Square (PLS). The results of the analysis are expected to become consideration by the Balinese Spa product manufacturers in facing the competition further and provide an alternative strategy for implementing green business.
Full Text : PDF
- Chen Y.S., Chang Hsun-Ching, Feng Shang-Wu,(2012). Origins of green innovations: the differences between proactive and reactive green innovations. Journal of Management Decision, 50 (3): 368-398
- Chen, Y.S., Lai, S.B. and Wen, C.T. (2006).The influence of green innovation performance on corporate advantage in Taiwan. Journal of Business Ethics,67 (4): 331-9.
- Chen, Y.S. (2011). Green organizational identity: sources and consequence. Management decision,49 (3): 384-404.
- Chiou, T.Y., Chan, H.K., Lettice, F. and Chung, S.H. (2011).The influence of greening the suppliers and green innovation on environmental performance and competitive advantage in Taiwan.Transportation Research. Part E, 47 (6): 822-36.
- Cohen, B. and Winn, M. (200). Market imperfections, opportunity and sustainable entrepreneurship. Journal of Business Venturing, 22 (1): 29-49.
- Creswell, J W. (2010). Research Design: PendekatanKualitatif, Kuantitatifdan Mixed.Cetakan 1. Yogyakarta: PustakaPelajar.
- Folmer, H andTietenberg, T. (2005).A survey of current issues.The international yearbook of environmental and resource economics 2005/2006:EdwardElga: Washington
- Garcia, R. and Calantone, R. (2002). A critical look at technological innovation ypology and innovativeness terminology: a literature review. Journal of Product Innovation Management,19 (2): 110-32.
- Greenpeace International.(2011). Towards Green Electronics: Getting Greener, but not There Yet, Greenpeace. Amsterdam.
- Hair, J.F.; Ringle, C.M.; and Sarstedt, M. (2011). PLS-SEM: indeed a silver bullet. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 19(2): 139–151.
- Isaak, R. (1998). Green Logic: Ecopreneurship, Theory and Ethics. UK: Greenleaf Publishing; West Hartford, CT: Kumarian Press.
- Issak, R. (2002). The making of the ecopreneur. Greener Management International, 38: 81-91.
- Kirkwood, J. and Walton, S. (2010b). What motivates ecopreneurs to start businesses.International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior and Research, 16 (3): 204-228.
- Koe, L. Wei, ROemar. And Izaidin, A M. (2014). Factors Associated with Propensity for Sustainable Entrepreneurship. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 130: 65 – 74.
- Lo¨fsten Han, (2014). Product innovation processes and the trade-off between product innovation performance and business performance, European Journal of Innovation Management,17 (1): 61-84.
- Latan, H danGhozali, I. (2012). Partial Least Square, Konsep, TeknikdanAplikasi 2.0 M3. Semarang: BadanPenerbitUndip.
- McEwen, T, (2012). What, why, and how of ecopreneurship: implications for entrepreneurship education. Proceedings of the Academy of Entrepreneurship, 18 (2): 122-132
- McEwen, T, (2013). Ecopreneurship as a Solution to Environmental Problems: Implications for College Level Entrepreneurship Education” International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences,3 (5): 234-245.
- Mothe Caroline and Thi Thuc Uyen Nguyen.(2010). The link between non-technological innovations and technological innovation. European Journal of Innovation Management, 13 (3): 313-332
- Organization for Economic Corporation and Development.(2009). OECD annual report. Public Affairs Division, Public Affairs Communication Directorate.
- Pastakia, A. (1998). Assessing Ecopreneurship in the context of a developing country: The case of India.Greener Management International, 38: 93-108.
- Porter, M. (1991).American green strategy. Scientific American, 264 (4): 168-176.
- Schaltegger, S. (2002). A Framework and typology of ecopreneurship: Leading bioneers and environmental mangers to ecopreneurship. Making Ecopreneurs: Developing Sustainable Entrepreneurship.2nd Edition. USA: Ashgate publishing group. pp. 45-38.
- Schaper, M. (2010).Making Ecopreneurs: Developing Sustainable Entrepreneurship.2nd Edition. USA: Ashgate publishing group.
- Sekaran, Uma. (2011).Research Method for Business, Metode Penelitianuntuk Bisnis, Jakarta: SalembaEmpat.
- Shepherd, D. A. and Patzelt, H. (2011). The new field of sustainable entrepreneurship: studying entrepreneurial action linking “what is to be sustained “ with “what is to be developed. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 35 (1): 137-163.
- Sony Michael and NaikSubhash.(2012). Six Sigma, organizational learning and innovation An integration and empirical examination. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management. 29 (8): 915-936
- Walley, E. and Taylor, D. (2002). Opportunists, champions, mavericks..? A typology of green entrepreneurs.Greener Management International.38: 31-43.
- Volery, Thierry. (2002). Ecopreneurship: Rationale, current issues and futures challenges. Publication of Swiss Research Institute of Small Business and Entrepreneurship. University of St.Gallen
- Wagner, M. (2012).Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Sustainability, Greenleaf Publishing.
- Widyastuti, Sri Harti, MulyaniHesti, EkowatiIndriya. (2013). KearifanLokaldalamFitotherapi yang TerdapatPadaNaskah-naskahJawa, LembagaPenelitianUniversitasNegeri Yogyakarta.
- Wong, (2012).The influence of green product competitiveness on the success of green product innovation Empirical evidence from the Chinese electrical and electronics industry. European Journal of Innovation Management, 15 (4): 468-490.
- Wong, S.K.S. and Tong, C. (2012).The influence of market orientation on new product success. European Journal of Innovation Management, 15 (1): 99-121.