Recall, Generation Y, Social Media, Customer Traffic
The Research is all about knowing the customers acquiring top of mind recall about doughnut retail outlets in Bangalore city, India through various methods. Once the brand is established in the minds of the consumers, it occupies a unique position and special meaning and value is generated. Brand awareness is the consumer’s conscious or unconscious decision, expressed through intention or behavior, to repurchase a brand continually. In order to create brand loyalty, advertisers must break consumer habits, help them to acquire new habits and reinforce those habits by reminding consumers of their purchase and encourage them to continue purchasing those products in the future. ‘Generation Y’ refers to customers millennial, the generation of people born during the 1980s and early 2000s. ‘Generation Y’ consumer's access social media on daily basis but they often ignore advertisements that are targeted to them. The previous research works on’ Generation Y’ customers emphasize that marketers must focus on social media marketing to draw the attention of these customers. Determining the brand awareness of ‘Generation Y’ customers was considered, in order to know the present level of awareness about the doughnut brands, increase the customer traffic and sales as ‘Generation Y’ customers are the target customers for doughnut retail outlets.
Full Text : PDF
- Drake-Bridges, E. and Burgess, B. (2010). Personal preferences of tween shoppers. Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 14(4), 624-633.
- Hoyer, W. D., & Brown, S.P. (1990, September 1990). Journal of Consumer Research .
- Kumar, Swaminathan, & Srinivasan (2005). Two Different Faces of Coupon Elasticity. Journal of Retailing , 81 (1), 1-13.
- Lester, D.H., Forman, A.M. and Loyd, D. (2005). Internet shopping behavior of college students. Services Marketing Quarterly, 27 (2), 123-138
- Malik, M. A. (2013, May). International Journal of Business and Social Science .
- Rossiter, J. (2014, Nov). Brand Management.
- Schmitt, B. H., & Geus, P. (2006). Periodical of Product & Brand Management .
- Vasudevan, M., Senthilkumar, V., & Sasikumar, K. (2013). Marketing Mix: A Review on the ‘P’s of marketing. International Journal of Research in Commerce, IT & Management , 3 (9), 37-39.
- Yoganandan, G., & Prabhukumar, G. (2015). Consumer buying behaviour towards books in Erode city. International Journal of Research , 2 (1), 609-614.
- Yoganandan, G., Saravanan, R., & Ruby, N. (2013). A study on households' consumption pattern of Aavin milk in Erode district. International Journal of Research in Commerce Economics and Management , 3 (7), 6-10.
- Yoganandan, G., Saravanan, R., & Ruby, N. (2013). A Study on Online Shopping Behaviour of teachers working in self-financing colleges in Namakkal district with special reference to K.S.R College of Arts and Science, Tiruchengode. International Journal of Research in Commerce Economics and Management , 3 (6), 31-38.