Oil refining industry, development, management, investments.
Present article is dedicated to the analysis of problems of the oil industry of Russia and is aimed at the development of a mechanism for its growth. The research is based on the results of the economic analysis that has been carried out on the basis of statistical data from the government and major oil companies as well as on the basis of analytical reports of independent companies. Among the main identified problems of the oil refining industry it can be mentioned following problems: insufficient volumes of raw material processing, lack of refinery capacities, remote location of oil extraction and refinery plants from the end users and unbalanced tax system in the industry. Specified problems are being solved on the level of companies and the state that brings results, however, there is no clear development mechanism of the oil refining industry so far. The authors suggest a development scheme for the Russian oil refining industry implying cooperation of businesses and the state. The implementation of the proposed scheme will ensure the investments for the extension of production and obtaining a product with a higher added value as well as increasing the competitiveness of the Russian oil products.
Full Text : PDF
- BP Statistical Review of World Energy (2016) BP Statistical Review of World Energy June 2016. Available from: http://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp/pdf/energy-economics/statistical-review-2016/bp-statistical-review-of-world-energy-2016-full-report.pdf
- Chernysheva E.A. (2011) Problems and ways of development of the deep refining of oil in Russia. Drilling and oil. №5. Internet version. Available from:
- Khomutov I.A. (2016) Backward Russian refineries: should be closed or modernized? Petromarket Research Group. Moscow.
- Solomonoa A.V. (2015) Peculiarities of the state regulating of the refinery capacities' modernization and external trade of oil products in Russia. Internet magazine "Science studies". Volume 7, №6. Available from: http://naukovedenie.ru/PDF/48EVN615.pdf
- Tcvetkov P., Cherepovitsyn A. (2016). Prospects of CCS Projects Implementation in Russia: Environmental Protection and Economic Opportunities. Journal of Ecological Engineering, Volume 17, Issue 2, pp. 24–32.
- Business Journal Neftegaz.RU (2016) The depth of the oil refining in Russia, Europe and the US. Available from: http://neftegaz.ru/analisis/view/8485-Glubina-pererabotki-nefti-v-Rossii-Evrope-i-SShA
- The Federal Customs Service (2017) Russia’s export of the most important goods in January-December years 2008-2016. Available from: http://www.customs.ru
- The Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation (2016) Oil and gas condensate refining. Available from: http://minenergo.gov.ru/node/1212
- The Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation (2015) Main directions of the tax policy of the Russian Federation for year 2016 and planning period of years 2017 and 2018. Available from: http://minfin.ru/common/upload/library/2015/07/main/ONNP_2016-2018.pdf
- The Russian Government (2009) Energy strategy of Russia for the period up to year 2030. Available from: http://minenergo.gov.ru/node/1026
- The Russian Government (2011) Decree of The Russian Government of October 06, 2011 N 1771-p "On the set of measures aimed at fulfilling the state monitoring of oil refining enterprises' modernization". Available from: http://base.garant.ru/55185947/