ICU, Medical equipment, Outsourcing, maintenance service provider, performance model
Outsourcing is delegating partial or total business functions to other companies in conjunction with administrative and operational activities. One of the industries that implements outsourcing in its maintenance activity is the healthcare industry. An Intensive Care Unit (ICU) is part of a hospital which is very vital, so that it requires medical equipment with high availability and reliability. The aim of this research is to develop a performance model to use to assess the performance of medical equipment or the used maintenance outsourcing service providers. Developing the performance model involves 14 criteria. The 14 criteria were clustered by the Kano Model to obtain the importance of each criteria. . Kano was used to identify the criteria within the dimension of basic requirements and special requirements. DEMATEL was employed to identify the connection between criteria and ANP in order to provide the integrity of the criteria. The three criteria with the highest integrity rating were the technicians’ capability by the rate of integrity that reached 0.256881, the aptitude of providing diagnosis by the rate of integrity that reached 0.222181, and the flexibility by the rate of integrity that reached 0.175684. Two criteria which had a rate of integrity of 0 and were considered as therefore having the lowest integrity rate were the criteria of charges and dependability respectively.
Full Text : PDF
- Almeida, A. T. (2005). Multicriteria Modelling of Repair Contract Based on Utility and ELECTRE I Method with Dependability and Service Quality Criteria. Annals of Operations Research, (138), pp.113-126.
- Almeida, A. T. (2007). Multicriteria Decision Model for Outsourcing Contracts Selection. Computers & Operation Research, (34), pp.3569-3574.
- Angkiriwang, R., Pujawan, I., & Santosa, B. (2014). Managing Uncertainty Through Supply Chain Flexibility: Reactive vs. Proactive Approaches. Production & Manufacturing Research: An Open Access Journal, 2(1), pp.50-70.
- Basfirinci, C., & Mitra, A. (2015). A Cross Cultural Investigation of Airlines Service Quality Through Integration of Servqual and the Kano model. Journal of Air Transport Management, (42), pp.239-248.
- Cruz, A. M., & Rincon, A. M. (2012). Medical Device Maintenance Outsourcing: Have Operation Management Research and Management Theories Forgotten the Medical Engineering Community? A Mapping Review. European Journal of Operational Research, (221), pp.186-197.
- Cruz, A. M., Rincon, A. M., & Haugan, G. L. (2013). Measuring the Performance of Maintenance Service Outsourcing. Biomedical Instrumentation and Technology, 6(47), pp.524-531.
- Dewangan, V., & Godse, M. (2014). Towards A Holistic Enterprise Innovation Performance Measurement System. Technovation.
- Gomez, J. F., Parra, C., Gonzales, V., Crespo, A., & de Leon, P. M. (2009). Outsourcing Maintenance in Services Providers. Safety, Reliability and Risk Analysis: Theory, Methods and Applications.
- Lee, W.-S., Huang, A. Y., Chang, Y.-Y., & Cheng, C.-M. (2011). Analysis of Decision-Making Factors for Equity Investment by DEMATEL. Expert Systems with Applications, (38), 8375-8383.
- Liou, J. J., & Chuang, Y.-T. (2010). Developing A Hybrid Multi – Criteria Model for Selection Of Outsourcing Providers. Journal of Expert Systems with Applications, (37), pp.3755 - 3761.
- Nosoohi, I., & Hejazi, S. R. (2011). A Multi-Objective Approach to Simultaneous Determination of Spare Part Numbers and Preventive Replacement Times. Applied Mathematical Modelling, 35, pp.1157-1166
- Singgih, M. L., & Dalulia, P. (2016). Performance Criteria Development of Maintenance Service Provider Using Case Study Approach Analysis. International Joint Conference of 2016 2nd International Conference of Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, and Chemical Engineering (ICIMECE) and 2016 Annual Conference on Industrial and System Engineering (ACISE). Yogyakarta: Universitas Sebelas Maret.
- Suef, M., Suparno, S., Singgih., M.L. (2017). Categorizing Product Attributes Efficiently In Qfd-Kano: A Case Analysis In Telecommunication. The TQM Journal, 29(3), pp. 512 - 527
- Yildiz, S., & Demirel, Z. H. (2014). The Benefits, Risks, And Effects on Performance of The Outsourcing: A Comparative Study of Seasonal and Permanent Hotels. Procedia Social and Behavioural Sciences, (109), pp.514-521.