Problem Based Learning (PBL), economic theory, IEO
To build students' IEO, an appropriate learning approach is necessary to obtain the results optimally. This study focused on how PBL effects on students’ IEO and was limited on the theoretical application to the occurring condition, according to constructivist learning. This study aims to determine and analyze Problem Based Learning (PBL) on Economic Theory course in building students’ IEO. The population was 112 UNESA students who took Economic Theory course with 86 students as the participants. The sampling used purposive simple random sampling and Partial Least Square for its statistic technique. The results indicated that PBL on Economic Theory course was proved to significantly effect on students’ IEO, despite considered as week due to several conditions.
Full Text : PDF
- Bolton, D. L., Lane, M. D., Langkamp Bolton, D., Lane, M. D., Bolton, D. L., & Lane, M. D. (2012), Individual entrepreneurial orientation: development of a measurement instrument. Education + Training, volume 54 (2/3), p. 219–233. http://doi.org/10.1108/00400911211210314.
- Ferreira, J. J., Raposo, M. L., Rodrigues, R. G., Dinis, A., & Paço, A. Do. (2012). A model of entrepreneurial intention: An application of the psychological and behavioral approaches. Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, 19(3), 424–440. http://doi.org/10.1108/14626001211250144.
- Fini, R., Grimaldi, R., Marzocchi, G. L., & Sobrero, M. (2009), the Foundation of Entrepreneurial Intention. Summer Conference 2009, p. 1–36.
- Forsythe, F. (n.d.). 2002. Problem-based Learning, 1–28. The Handbook of Economics Lecturers. https://www.economicsnetwork.ac.uk/handbookprintable/pbl2.pdf. Accessed on January 12, 2018
- Gwee, M. C.-E. (2009). Problem-Based Learning: A Strategic Learning System Design For The Education Of Healthcare Professionals in the 21ST Century. The Kaohsiung Journal of Medical Sciences, 25(5), 231–239. http://doi.org/10.1016/S1607-551X(09)70067-1.
- Henry, H. R., Tawfik, A. A., Jonassen, D. H., & Winholtz, R. A. (2012). “ I Know This is Supposed to be More Like the Real World , But . . .”: Student Perceptions of a PBL Implementation in an Undergraduate Materials Science Course, " Interdisciplinary Journal of Problem-based Learning: Volume 6: Iss. 1, Article 5. Available at: http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/ijpbl/vol6/iss1/5
- Hmelo-silver, C. E. (2011). "In Memoriam : Remembering Howard S . Barrows In Memoriam :, " Interdisciplinary Journal of Problem-based Learning: Volume. 5: Iss. 2, Article 3. p5-8Available at:
- Hung, W., & Loyens, S. M. M. (2012). Guest Editors ’ Introduction, , " Interdisciplinary Journal of Problem-based Learning: Volume. 6: Iss. 1, Article 2. p5-8Available at: http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/ijpbl/vol6/iss1/2. p. 3–9.
- Jorge-Moreno, J. De, Castillo, L. L., Triguero, M. S. M. S., De Jorge-Moreno, J., Castillo, L. L., Triguero, M. S. M. S., … Triguero, M. S. M. S. (2012). The effect of business and economics education programs on students’ entrepreneurial intention. European Journal of Training and Development, 36(4), 409–425
- . http://doi.org/http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/03090591211220339.
- Kemp. S. Constructivism a Problem Base Learning. Learning Academy. On
- http://www.tp.edu.sg/staticfiles/tp/files/centres/pbl/pbl_sandra_joy_kemp.pdf. Accessed on January 17, 2018.
- Major, H., Savin-baden, M., & Major, C. H. (2004). Foundations of Problem-based Learning. Society for Research into Higher Education, Published Maidenhead: Society for Research into Higher Education & Open University Press, 2004.
- Muafi (2009), The Effects of Alignment Competitive Strategy, Culture, and Role Behavior on Organizational Performance in Service Firms, The International Journal of Organizational Innovation, Volume 2, (1), Summer, p. 106-134.
- Muafi (2016), Analyzing fit in CSR strategy research in state-owned entreprises: Indonesia context, Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, Vol. 9 (1), 2016, P. 179-206.
- Sajjad, S. I., Shafi, H., & Dad, A. M. (2012). Impact of culture on entrepreneur intention. Information Management and Business Review, 4(1), 30–34.
- Surjanti, J., Soejoto, A. & Muafi (2018a), The Impact of Procedural Justice (Pj), Distributive Justice (Dj) And Ethical Climate (Ec) On Continuous Professional Development (Cpd): The Role of Work-Related Stress (Wrs) Mediation, Journal of Entrepreneurship Education, Vol. 21, Issue 1, p. 1-9, 2018 1 1528-2651-21-1-140.
- Surjanti, J., Nugrohoseno, D, Budiono & Musfidah, H (2018b), The implementation of interest-based entrepreneurship curriculum in the Theory of Economics course. The Consortium of Asia-Pasific Education Universities (CAPEU), IOP Conference Series: Material Science and Engineering, 296, p. 1-6. 012012 doi:10.1088/1757-899X/296/1/012012.
- Ülger, M., Yiğittir, S., & Ercan, O. (2014). Secondary School Teachers’ Beliefs on Character Education Competency. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 131(4310), 442–449. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.04.145.