Block chain Adoption; Supply chain management, Technology-Organization –Environment (TOE).
The purpose -Block chain has numerous benefits such as decentralization, persistency, anonymity, and auditability. Although a number of studies focus on using the block chain technology in various application aspects, there is not a specific previous study focus on the block chain technology in both technological context and business organizations through the supply chain flows. Therefore, the purpose of this paper empathizes how using the technological theories and block chain technologies through the supply chain will affect it as a whole; in addition to such adoption is very rare to be represented especially in developing countries as this part is fulfilled by our paper research.
Design/methodology/approach – Data were collected through a self-created questionnaire a number of 427 respondents were included in the questionnaire analysis which were collected from employees of supply chain and logistics companies.
Practical implications – The findings reveal the importance after conducting regression analysis and SEM, it was observed that reducing complexity and lowering supply chain investment costs associated with traditional supply chain transactions were some of the key drivers for block chain adoption, as well as a desire to benefit from enhanced compatibility and regulatory support. However, achieving security is considered as the main and most important driver.
Originality/value -This research provides an insight to understand the significant dimensions of block chain adoption, where the dimensions of security, regulatory support, competitive pressure, compatibility, and complexity are found to have a significant effect on block chain adoption
Full Text : PDF
- Alexandre Arnolado, A. B. (2018). An exploaration of BlockChain TEchnology in Supply Chain Management. Research Gate , 13.
- Amini, M., (2014). The factors that influence on adoption of cloud computing for small and medium enterprises.
- Anders Tveita, M. B. (2018). The Adapation Of Block Chain Technology In NOrwegian Corporations. International School of Ecnomics Schools , 101.
- Dobrovnik, M. (2016). Block Chain for and in Logistics : What to adapt and where to start. MDPI, 23.
- Fowler Jr, F.J., (2013). Survey research methods. Sage publications.
- Gutierrez, A., Boukrami, E. and Lumsden, R., 2015. Technological, organizational, and environmental factors influencing managers’ decision to adopt cloud computing in the UK. Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 28(6), pp.788-807.
- Gammelgaard, B. (2019). Block Chain Technology Chains . Samarbedje med bussines school , 39.
- Wangui, R., (2018). Perception of Procurement Professionals on the Adoption of Block chain Technologies and Its Impact on Supply Chain Management in Kenya.