Statement of editorial policies
The JBRMR is a scholarly and refereed journal that provides an authoritative source of information for scholars, academics, professionals and practitioners in the field of retail business management. The journal promotes the advancement, understanding, and practice of retailing. Manuscripts offering theoretical, conceptual, empirical and case studies contributions are encouraged
The Scope of the Journal
The Journal strives to be a platform for current and future research in the areas of retail with particular reference to retail business management.
Our goal is to foster and promote innovative thinking in retailing and associated business practice. Hence, research on retailing and International Retail Business Management remain universal interest. The Journal strives to be a means by which scholars and retail business experts disseminate their research.
Although the primary focus of the journal is concerned with retail and retail business management, it also interested in aspects that relate to retail such as HRM, Corporate governance, corporate social responsibilities and stakeholder engagement.
The coverage of JBRMR includes, but not limited to, the following subjects pertaining to Retail Business Management & Practice:
- International retailing and diversification
- Retail Business Environment
- Retail buying
- Retail management and strategies
- Online retailing
- The future of retailing
- Multi-channel retailing
- Demographics & Retail Business
- HRM and Retail Business
- Consumer behaviour
- Innovation in retailing
- Mall Management
- Customer satisfaction, customer loyalty and retention strategies
- Customer Relationships Marketing (CRM)
- Creativity in Internet management and retailing
- Business and retail research
- Business Policies, Strategies, and Performance
- Marketing and Business ethics
- Distribution strategies
- Service marketing
- Brand Management
- Contemporary Marketing Thoughts
- International Business issues
- B2B and B2C marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Supply chain management
- Business security and privacy issues
- Foresight planning
Formal condition of acceptance
- Papers will only be published in English.
- Each manuscript must be accompanied by a statement that it has not been submitted for publication elsewhere in English.
- Previous presentation at a conference, or publication in another language, should be disclosed.
- All papers are refereed, and the Chief Editor reserves the right to refuse any manuscript, whether on invitation or otherwise, and to make suggestions and/or modifications before publication.
- JBRMR only accepts and publishes articles for which authors have agreed to release under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence (CCAL) version “CC BY 3.0. Please note that authors retain ownership of the copyright for their article, but authors allow anyone to download, reuse, and reprint, modify, distribute, and/or copy articles in JBRMR, so long as the original authors are source are cited. No permission is required from the authors or the publishers.
- JBRMR shall furnish authors of accepted papers with proof for the correction of printing errors. The proof shall be returned within 14 days of receiving the suggested corrections. JBRMR shall not be held responsible for errors which are the result of authors' oversights
- JBRMR is committed to publish all full text articles online for immediate open access to readers and there is no charge to download articles and editorial comments for their own scholarly use.
- Papers are only accepted for consideration for publication on receipt of a sign declaration by the author/authors that their paper is free of plagiarism.
Peer Review Process
JBRMR places great emphasis on the quality of the articles it publishes; and therefore, a full double - blind reviewing process is used in which:
- Subject to the condition that the paper submitted is in line with the guidelines provided for authors the editor will review its suitability given the scope, aims and objectives of the journal.
- If the outcome is positive the paper will be sent for blind reviews to two subject specialist reviewers.
- Decision will be taken as to the acceptability of the paper on the basis of the recommendations of the reviewers.
- Should further revision be found necessary it will be communicated to the author accordingly.
- Based on the final outcome of above the date of publication will be decided and acceptance letter to be issued to the author(s).
- For papers which require changes, the same reviewers will be used to ensure that the quality of the revised article is acceptable.