Information System, Logistics Performance Management, Performance Measurement, Retail Firms
The aim of this research is to analyze logistics performance management of retail firms in Thailand. We explore how the relationships between information systems usage and logistics performance management that are measured by logistics performance indicators. In addition, the study also examines correlation analysis to find what factors that have influence on logistics performance management. We conducted a survey of 103 retail firms in Thailand. The empirical results indicate that the information systems usage in logistics activities has a significant impact on the firmâ€™s logistics performance management.The implications and further exploration are discussed.
Full Text : PDF
- ANDERSSON, P., ARONSSON, H. & STORHAGEN, N. G. 1989.Measuring logistics performance.Engineering Costs and Production Economics, 17, 253-262.
- APTEL, O. & POURJALALI, H. 2001. Improving activities and decreasing costs of logistics in hospitals: a comparison of U.S. and French hospitals. The International Journal of Accounting, 36, 65-90.
- BAYRAKTAR, E., DEMIRBAG, M., KOH, S. C. L., TATOGLU, E. & ZAIM, H. 2009. A causal analysis of the impact of information systems and supply chain management practices on operational performance: Evidence from manufacturing SMEs in Turkey. International Journal of Production Economics, 122, 133-149.
- BüYüKöZKAN, G., FEYZIOGLU, O. & NEBOL, E. 2008.Selection of the strategic alliance partner in logistics value chain.International Journal of Production Economics, 113, 148-158 .
- ÇELEBI, D., BAYRAKTAR, D. &BINGöL, L. 2010. Analytical Network Process for logistics management: A case study in a small electronic appliances manufacturer. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 58, 432-441.
- CHOW, H. K. H., CHOY, K. L., LEE, W. B. & CHAN, F. T. S. 2005. Design of a knowledge-based logistics strategy system.Expert Systems with Applications, 29, 272-290.
- GARCIA, F. A., MARCHETTA, M. G., CAMARGO, M., MOREL, L. & FORRADELLAS, R. Q. 2011.A framework for measuring logistics performance in the wine industry.International Journal of Production Economics, 135, 284-298.
- HAGHANI, A. & OH, S., 1996. Formulation and solution of a multi-commodity, multi-modal network flow model for disaster relief operations. Transportation Research A, 30, 231–250.
- HAIR, J.F., ANDERSON, R.E., TATHAM, R.L., BLACK, W.C., 1998.Multivariate Data Analysis.Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
- KAISER, H.F. 1974. An index of factorial simplicity.Psychometrika 39, 31–36.
- KAPLAN, R. S. & NORTON, D. S. 1996. Using the scorecard as a strategic management system.Harvard Business Review, 75–85.
- KURATA, H. & LIU, J. J. 2007.Optimal promotion planning--depth and frequency--for a two-stage supply chain under Markov switching demand.European Journal of Operational Research, 177, 1026-1043.
- LAI, K.-H., WONG, C. W. Y. & CHENG, T. C. E. 2010. Bundling digitized logistics activities and its performance implications. Industrial Marketing Management, 39, 273-286.
- LAITINEN, E. K. 2002. A dynamic performance measurement system: evidence from small Finnish technology companies. Scandinavian Journal of Management, 18, 65-99.
- LEE, C. K. M., HO, W., HO, G. T. S. & LAU, H. C. W. 2010. Design and development of logistics workflow systems for demand management with RFID.Expert Systems with Applications, doi:10.1016/j.eswa.2010.10.012
- LOUKIS, E. N., SAPOUNAS, I. A. & MILIONIS, A. E. 2009. The effect of hard and soft information and communication technologies investment on manufacturing business performance in Greece - A preliminary econometric study.Telematics and Informatics, 26, 193-210.
- MURTHY, D. N. P., SOLEM, O. & ROREN, T. 2004. Product warranty logistics: Issues and challenges. European Journal of Operational Research, 156, 110-126.
- NGAI, E. W. T., LAI, K.-H.& CHENG, T. C. E. 2008. Logistics information systems: The Hong Kong experience. International Journal of Production Economics, 113, 223-234.
- NUNNALLY, J.C. 1967. Psychometric Theory. McGraw-Hill, N.Y.
- O¨ ZDAMAR, L., EKINCI, E., KU¨C¸U¨KYAZACI, B., 2004. Emergency logistics planning in natural disasters.Annals of Operations Research, 129, 217–245.
- QUEZADA, L. E., CORDOVA, F. M., PALOMINOS, P., GODOY, K. & ROSS, J. 2009. Method for identifying strategic objectives in strategy maps. International Journal of Production Economics, 122, 492-500
- TILOKAVICHAI, V. & SOPHATSATHIT, P. 2011. An Organization-Wide Analysis of ERP and Information Systems Interrelationship for Logistics Support. Journal of System and Management Sciences, 1, 59-68.
- WU, Y.-C.J. & HUANG, I. C. 2007. Operations research practice on logistics management in Taiwan: An academic view. European Journal of Operational Research, 182, 428-435.